Friday, April 13, 2012

Freaky Friday

It's another Friday the 13th without my favorite black cat.  One almost adopted me the other day at Petco. She was from a rescue.  If she had been a boy, I would have had another cat.  Her eyes were the exact color of my Sammy's.

We have had a busy week, and are looking forward to the weekend.  The contractor finished fixing the bathroom, and no leaks!  We have one small area that needs some caulk just to be safe, because he forgot to remove the grout and put in the sanded caulking.

Shelly has spent most of the week enjoying little homework as the sophomores at school take the AIMS tests.  She did have to take the Biology AIMS, as she takes Honors Biology.  She gets a weekend off from soccer as her team prepares for the State Cup tournament.

Sydney has had the past few weeks off from soccer because her team finished the season.  They won their division and had a great season.  She is looking forward to practicing again, because she misses her friends.  Tryouts are the first week of May for her team.

My sewing room re-organization is moving along.  The hardest part has been trying to decide how to organize my fabric.  I opted for a little of everything.  Some is by color, some by Manufacturer, and some by kind.  I have managed to find all of the boxes I had from moving 11 years ago that contained any quilt related items.  WOW!  It does feel nice to have everything in a place, and an end in sight.  As soon as I finish I will share pictures.


For now, here is a picture of my king size hawaiian breadfruit quilt I am working on.   It is my watching TV project, and will hopefully be finished in a few months, so I can finish my bedroom remodel.  I opted to use freezer paper to help me keep the edges turned while I appliqué the shape down.   I intend to machine edge also because it needs to be very washable.  (We have a black dog!)

Have a great weekend!  Enjoy my Spring roses, they LOVE the Desert!

1 comment:

  1. Fur balls sure worm their way into our hearts in such a way that when their gone, we sure miss them!! I look forward to hearing and seeing more about your sewing space reorganization. I need to do that; but don't know where to start!!!

    ReplyDelete